Sunday, March 16, 2014

Country Again

Goodbye in Her Eyes- Zac Brown Band

Hesitation when she smiled
She didn't have to say a word
It was just so plain to see
She had found what she'd been looking for
And I knew it wasn't me

I saw goodbye in her eyes
I don't think I can change it
There's no way to disguise
We will never make it

Sometimes I feel like a clown
Who can't wash off his make-up
The life she wanted ‒ it was gone
Prince Charming ‒ I wasn't
But I would trade a thousand Babylons
To be in her arms tomorrow
Oh, but like the tide her love has come and gone
And it's time for me to go


Must Be Doing Something Right-Billy Currington

A woman is mystery
A man just can't understand
Sometimes all it takes to please her
Is the touch of your hand
And other times you gotta take it slow
And hold her all night long
Heaven knows there's so many ways
A man can go wrong

Must be doin' something right
I just heard you sigh
You leaned into my kiss
And closed those deep blue need you eyes
Don't know what I did
To earn a love like this, but baby, I
Must be doin' something right

Anywhere you wanna go 
Baby, show me the way
I'm open to suggestions
Mmm, whatever you say
Tonight's about giving you
What you want, whatever it takes
Girl, I hope I'm on the right road
And judging by the smile on your face

Whatever it is- Zac Brown Band

She's got eyes that cut you like a
Knife and lips that taste like sweet red wine
And her pretty legs go to heaven every time
She got a gentle way that puts me at ease
When she walks in a room I can hardly breathe
Got a devastating smile knock a grown man to his knees

She's got whatever it is
It blows me away
She's everything I want to say to a woman
But I couldn't find the words to say
She's got whatever it is
I don't know what to do
And every time I try and tell her how I feel
it comes out "I love you"
You got whatever it is


Bait a Hook-Justin Moore

Has he kissed you in a hay field as the summer rain falls down?
Has he took you to meet his mama, back in his home town?
Does he drive the interstate, or does he take them old back roads?
Can he melt your heart with a country song, every good old boy should know?
I didn't think so...

He can't even bait a hook
He can't even skin a buck
He ain't ever drove a truck
Knows how to throw out a line,
But not the kind in a field and stream book
No darlin' I ain't even worried, you'll come runnin' back
He can't even bait a hook.

It won't be that long, 'til you start gettin' bored
I'll be smilin' on the river, reelin' in one more...

The Trouble With Girls-Scotty McCreery 

The trouble with girls is they’re a mystery
Something about ’em puzzles me
Spent my whole life trying to figure out
Just what them girls are all about
The trouble with girls is they're so dang pretty
Everything about ’em does something to me
But I guess that’s the way it’s supposed to be

They smile, that smile
They bat those eyes
They steal you with "hello"
They kill you with "goodbye"
They hook you with one touch and you can’t break free
Yeah, the trouble with girls is nobody loves trouble as much as me

They’re sugar and spice and angel wings
And hell on wheels and tight blue jeans
A summer night, down by the lake
An old memory that you can’t shake
They’re hard to find, yet there’s so many of ’em
The way that you hate, that you already love ’em
But I guess that’s the way it’s supposed to be








No comments:

Post a Comment