Thursday, May 22, 2014

My favorite shade of red

This is something I wrote in my journal from a few days ago. I hope some of you like it.

You hear a new song
It's your favorite 
Pretty soon you'll be changing the station
And all your old shoes are looking brand new
They wanna be worn but they never get the chance too
Heavy into everything ready for the next thing
Catch a ride for a while than you're over it
You change your mind on it as soon as the shine is gone
Like you always do 
You don't know it yet but

I'm not gonna be that easy to leave
I'm gonna make you miss me
I'm gonna make you wish you were borrowing my shirt
You lie about my jacket and tell everyone its yours
When your phone rings after midnight 
And your thinking maybe its me. 

You're cold and hot 
You burn out like a match
Keep a slipknot and the strings you attach
You think its easy 
But that's a lie
The only reason that you're good at goodbye 
Is cuz every guy you've ever met 
Was too easy to forget 
But i'm not going out like that

You'll be writing texts that you're never gonna send
Paint my favorite shade of red on your nails
Cuz you cant fall asleep
And you're wishing you were with me.

I'm gonna make you miss me.

3 comments:

  1. If you want to know the truth, I was like...he didn't write this...

    and I googled this:

    "Paint my favorite shade of red on your nails"




    My apologies.

    ReplyDelete